Sunday best: Last of Fall

I feel like we'll get our first snow next week and I'm actually looking forward to it. There are only a few dried up leaves clinging to the trees outside my window and what's fallen has been raked and swept into paper bags. The drifts of leaves I so enjoy kicking are gone.

People have started talking about holiday decorations and I saw Christmas trees on roof racks this weekend. I'm beginning to surrender to thinking and talking about it too, although I won't decorate until the first weekend in December. Still, I feel like this is it; adieu to fall.


My plans are to stroll and think and just be. Today is a good day for me to start thinking about what I really want to accomplish before the end of the year. I stopped making to-do lists a while ago. I came to understand that they were not useful for me. I'm innately organized so I was over-policing myself with them. Making those lists made me feel like I was drowning. I'd find it hard to sit still and enjoy my coffee because there was a list to be got through.

So, I'm not making a list for the remainder of 2010. I'm aiming for just one thing: Hold the true and steady course.

Products: Tissue crewneck long-sleeve tee from J.Crew / Novella capelet from Madewell / Ribbed beret from J.Crew / Labradorite Stacking Ring from Anne Sportun / Eau Duelle from Diptyque / Tarte Cheek Stain from Sephora / Citizens of Humanity Thompson high-rise skinny jeans from Net-a-Porter / Le Vernis Black Velvet from Chanel / I Curse the River of Time by Per Petterson / Maison Martin Margiela Line 22 Ankle Boot from Barneys / Falke Triple pack of cotton-blend ankle socks from Net-a-Porter / Rachel Comey Saddle Bag from La Garconne
Related Posts with Thumbnails