Sunday best: Hot chocolate, decorating

We had our first snowstorm yesterday. And although it melted just as quickly as it fell, it whet my appetite for more. I've resolved not to decorate for the holidays until next weekend, but I'll be surprised if I get through today without buying some sprigs of holly and other greenery.

Yesterday, I cleaned my apartment in preparation for upcoming weeks. It's about to get hectic here. Work is always busy in the run-up to Christmas and I've got a few projects on the go too. It's also going to feel like I'm running to the post office every day as I send stuff of to Ireland and elsewhere.

And, to be frank, I'm dreading that holiday feeling that I'm spending excessive amounts of money every single day, since I've been so careful lately. But I suppose I need to relax those purse-strings or I'll be enjoying Christmas Eve with the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future...

At the One of a Kind Show on Friday, I saw some amazing pieces and found something perfect for Mum and Dad. My absolute favourites were Hugo Didier and Ceramik B. ceramics, Newfoundland handknits and the telegram cards I got from Flakes Paperie. I also indulged in a Fleur de Sel apple from Bruce County. The person who first dreamed of putting salt and caramel together should be knighted, or something. I was exhausted afterwards; I'm seriously not built for shopping on a large scale, but it was definitely fun.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

Products: Emily Thompson Wreath via Design*Sponge / Pleats and panels top from Madewell / A Christmas Carol DVD / Hot Water Bottle Sweater from A Crooked Sixpence / Vintage matchstick cord from J.Crew / Beeswax Candles from Toast / Garland Christmas Card from Rifle Paper Co. / Gold Spun Hymnal Confetti Garland from KristinaMarie / Hot Chocolate from Xococava (image via blogTO) / Sprigs of Red Berried Holly from InterMistletoe / Velvet Lined SlipperToast / from
Related Posts with Thumbnails