Sunday best: Essentials shopping

Man, I hate it when everything runs out at once. Yesterday, I squeezed that last drop of moisturizer out of the tube (that's a lie; I actually cut the tube open to get to it) and I'm running low on make-up too. I also finished my Flannery O'Connor books too and, although I have some unread ones, I'm itching to read Room. That said, if they've put Auster's new book out, sorry Emma - no contest.

So, I'm going to dash down to Bloor today and I swear I'm not going to linger because then I'll end up looking at shoes, or cashmere or Diptyque candles before you know it my warped brain will re-categorize those as essentials too. I was hoping to get lots of writing done this weekend. But even without big plans, the little chores ate up a lot of my time.

Weekends really do get shorter as you age. I remember Fridays when the entire weekend seemed like a wide open thing stretched out in front of me. But now, I feel like I have to prioritize my vast to do list so I can get done what I really want to and still have clean clothes and food in the fridge come Monday morning.

Maybe, it's time to just take real break, not just booking a Friday and making a long weekend of it... Or maybe it's time for a bigger kind of break altogether. Hmm... wouldn't that be loverly!

Products: Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Mohair-blend beret from Net-a-Porter / Original Wrist Worms from Sandra Juto / Asura Sweater by Rogan from La Garconne / River Rocks necklace from Colby June / Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil from Sephora / Danka bag from m0851 / Starbucks / Citizens of Humanity Dita Jeans from Shopbop / Caudalie Vinopure Matte Finish Fluid from Sephora / Dieppa Restrepo shoes from Totokaelo
Related Posts with Thumbnails