Where we blog from: Exquisite Banana

Last week, I tweeted a request for Where we blog from submissions and lovely Kayla of Exquisite Banana offered up her gorgeous space. Needless to say, I'm delighted to showcase this beautiful home. Kayla's blog is equally abundant with beauty spanning a broad assortment of interests from art and education to design and style. And, to boot, she's just about the sweetest blogger out there! This is where Kayla blogs from and what she has to say about it...

Firstly, a huge thank you to Jane for having me. I've long since been a fan of this series and am still a bit gob-smacked that I am now a part of it.

I am a preschool teacher and aspiring writer for children, so I usually do my blogging in the evenings after I return home from work. Usually, you can find me snuggled up on one of the comfy armchairs in my living room, while my boyfriend stretches out luxuriously on the couch watching television or reading (sometimes we switch, and more often than not, we share).

The living room is one of my favorite rooms in our apartment, mostly because it really reflects my personal style (which, by the way, is constantly evolving). The floor-to-ceiling bookshelves hold our favorite reads as well as lots of small treasures and knick-knacks, all conveying anecdotes from our daily life and travels. As a blogger, I find this especially fitting because I like to think I'm sharing little stories every day both in my writing and my home.

I always set aside money for fresh flowers in the monthly budget. I don't need inspiration boards or mood music to feel inspired. Just give me a bouquet of pretty blooms, and I'm off and rolling. Nature has an incredible way about her and I try and revel in that awesomeness as often as possible.

Again, thank you so much for having me, Jane. It's a pleasure to be here, and such an honor, too.

Thanks Kayla!

P.S. If you would like to participate in Where we blog from, please e-mail me at jane[at]janeflanagan[dot]ca for information. Thanks!
Related Posts with Thumbnails