Fall beauty

A lot of my freelance work involves writing about make-up, so I rarely blog about it. I have a number of year-round products that I feel naked without: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, NARS blush in Orgasm. But I do like to wear a little more make-up in winter - I've been known to break out a smokey eye or a red lipstick when the mood strikes. I don't really follow make-up trends, rather I hunt until I find the perfect product that works for me and then happily come to rest.

Here are my current make-up obsessions and must-haves. The one thing I'm still searching for is a perfect mascara. I swear, I've tried 'em all and they all either flake or rub off along my browline. If anybody has a recommendation, I'd love to hear it.

I've spent the last year, slowly eliminating parabens from my skincare and haircare routines. It was so hard to let go of some of my favourite skincare products and it took me a long, long time to find a moisturizer I loved (I'm currently stuck on Caudalie). This is all a long way of saying my make-up isn't yet paraben-free. Laura Mercier is gonna break my heart to leave because it's seriously the best ever. One product at a time...

Do you wear much make-up? Any desert island product recos?

Products: NARS blush (orgasm) / Jo Malone cologne / Chanel nail polish (via {this is glamorous}) / YSL Touche Eclat / Laura Mercier eyeliner (midnight) and lipstick (truly red) / Make Up Forever HD Microfinish powder / Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer (porcelain)
Related Posts with Thumbnails