Where we blog from: The Marion House Book

Emma is the uber-talented lady behind Marion Melbourne Interiors, a Toronto-based company that specializes in residential interiors. She has a wonderful eye and a delicate touch and this discernment is translated into blog-form on The Marion House Book. Much as I love the worldwide aspect of our blogworld, it's always a special pleasure to feature a local blogger. So, without further ado, this is where Emma blogs from and what she has to say about it...

Thank you Jane for asking me to be a part of your Where we blog from series. I have to admit that I love these kinds of posts. I’m absolutely fascinated by the homes we create for ourselves so I love it when we get invited in for a sneak peak. I find it endlessly inspiring.

Like many people, I do most my blogging from a laptop computer that moves around the house with me. Most often you will find me seated at the dining room table downloading photographs and writing posts. This is probably my favorite room in the house. There is nothing like being surrounded by art and beautiful objects (like that gold temple bell I just found) to get inspired.



Sometimes, I will blog from the kitchen island, although this is mainly reserved for those rare days when I happen to be home during the day. It is a treat to be able to do a little morning blogging with a coffee and a scone from our local coffee shop.



The one place you will rarely see me blog from is the upstairs office. This is because I do almost all of my blogging in the evening after I have put my son to sleep. I’d hate to wake him up once he has gone down. (Sleep is sacred!)


And you will definitely never see me blogging from here,


We absolutely have a no computer or television rule in our bedroom. This place is reserved for reading, sleeping and well, other things!


Thanks Emma!

20 comments:

  1. I've become a bit addicted to Emma's blog as of late, so it really is a special treat to find her here this morning. She has such a beautiful home and the gorgeous aesthetic translates perfectly on her blog. Loved this peek, thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing home! i love all the color in that kitchen! and her last comment makes me giggle :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the dark colors on the walls. What a gorgeous home. I'm glad I got to see this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bedroom nook photo is beautiful. I love the no computer/tv rule, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning home spaces! seriously. i keep looking and looking at those images!

    your kitchen. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely place to blog from, i love the dark walls and pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Her kitchen is filled with plants? This is a girl I want to know!

    Gorgeou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow beautiful! What a great space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her use of black - off to check out her blog, now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this! She has the best wall colors and impeccable taste. Also, do I spy the gray and white striped sheets from West Elm?! (If so, I have those, too. Heart!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post and a great fellow blogger. Her home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Thank you for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful home! i love the dark colors on the walls, really sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow her home is incredible. love the no computer/tv rule. i need that rule.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *love* all the dark walls. What a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm smitten with the clothes-pinned photos and the branch.

    I have, and love, that yellow Ikea bed. Somehow it is both dramatic (four poster, yellow) and rustic (wood knots peeking through).

    ReplyDelete
  17. sigh, emma's space is so lovely. I've been obsessed with her bedroom for months. Months!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I like this home very much! and I like your series! Such a great idea! have a very inspiring and lovely day today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those dark bedroom walls are great! I also like the white bedside table - it's quite unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.