Bedroom 2010, again

Without blogging much about it, I've been chipping away at my bedroom. And I've found myself going in a different direction that I talked about at the start of the year (here). So I thought I should update my inspiration board to reflect what's on my mind these days. It looks much more elegant and spare in this inspiration board than I feel it will be once my books and pictures pile in.

But I think this is a pretty good summation of my mood these days. I haven't relegated modern completely, but I'm becoming much more reconciled to (and homesick for) my traditional roots. The good news is I have most of what you see here. I'm missing the headboard and armchair and the nightstand. My tiered table is also more feminine than the one shown here, but I love it for that.

The wallpaper (if the lovely Farrow & Ball people will let me buy just a single roll) will go on just one wall. The other walls will be painted the same greige as the background colour on the wallpaper (which is the same as my living room colour). This isn't so much a shopping list (I don't believe in "being done" or "afters") as reassurance that what I'm leaning towards will come together. It can all feel so disparate rattling around in my head!

Shown: Dresser (mine) / Nelson pendant / Farrow & Ball Rosslyn paper / Bestlite by Gubi / Dunbar Two-Tier SideTable By Edward Wormley from 1st Dibs / Pondicherry Headboard w/ Nailheads from Serena + Lily / Modern glamour single dresser from Ethan Allen / Remington Leather Chair from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams / Bedding (mine) / Ceramics by Sophie Cook / Mirror & rug from Pottery Barn
Related Posts with Thumbnails