I feel like change is in the air. It may be the seasons, with our heat wave finally breaking. It may just be the thrum of cicadas breaking through the air, pulsating into my core, but my attention has suddenly been seized by what's around me.

My neighbourhood has looked different to me the last two days. It's strange, I'm suddenly struck anew by it. I've started seeing it through immigrant eyes again. And I'm seeing again the things that stood out to me when I first landed, so green and wide-eyed and hopeful.

I think hopeful is the right word. Whatever's happening it's making me think that now is a time to get started. To get started on some new projects. To get started on things I should have been doing all along. But I'm excited. It doesn't feel like another to-do list. It feels possible.
Related Posts with Thumbnails