I haven't been swimming since I moved to Canada, mostly because I dislike swimming in anything but salt water. Yet, I still call myself a water baby. I crave the feeling of water all around my body. This weekend, I've been thinking about exercise. It's not a surprise that in this summer heat I've been wanting to swim more than normal. But, it's a weird thing, I've relegated swimming to this fantasy zone... something I love, something that I am, but yet I don't do. Isn't that strange? I think these gaps are part of why I don't yet (even after all this time) feel like me in Toronto... these things that I loved but I let go of, because it wasn't immediately easy to replicate them here. But I want to start swimming again. These paintings by Vicki Smith reinforced my craving, available at Bau-Xi.

Related Posts with Thumbnails