Friday!

I've taken a few days off to spend some time at home, mostly getting freelance projects out the door and running errands. I know this sounds boring, but it makes such a difference to me to be able to get projects squared off without cramming the around my day job, if only for a few days.

I've also been using the days to think about things too. Especially the volume of freelance work I'm doing. It's very, very difficult for me to say 'no' to work. I guess I'm afraid of missing out if I start to say no. But really, I know I should be working on something better, or just not working at all, than dealing with some of the frustrating situations I find myself in.


I've been a bit dialed-out from the blogosphere this week too. If you follow me on Twitter, you may have read tweets with Chelsea and Anabela about how we're tired of the same old repurposed content (yes, we get it, you love the Domino archive). No, I'm not becoming anti-blogs, but I am looking for more than I was two years ago, a spark of originality; content creation rather than syndication. And my own blog isn't immune from this. I've got some new ideas that I hope to make happen in the near future.

Still, there were some beautiful highlights around the blog world this week: I always love Stephanie's writing, this is sweet and all too familiar. Grace's birthday is an annual blogging highlight - how amazing is she?! I wish I had a car so I get get out of town and see some of my province. Though, if it's any consolation, I've been gorging myself on Ontario peaches. Yum! And as a soundtrack, you can't go wrong with Joni.

Have a great weekend friends! Hope you have something fun planned!

Image credits: 1. Untitled, 2. Re-In-Carnation, 3. Day 353/Explored, 4. empty.
Related Posts with Thumbnails