Friday!

What a busy week... I'm exhausted. If today wasn't Friday, I don't know what I'd do. I've been too busy to even think about what I'm up to this weekend. I really just feel like reading and strolling and eating strawberries. I swear, I'm addicted to strawberries right now.

Around the blogosphere: Beautiful nature collections here and constellation cards here. Camping inspiration here and, for those of us stuck in the city, garden-inspired interiors here. I loved this interview with Margot Austin, whose impeccable taste I aspire to. And Chelsea was on fire all week with one jaw-dropping post after another.


And me? I've been holding steady. Hebb's law says that "neurons that fire together, wire together". I feel like I'm trying to rebuild some of that wiring and rid myself of old associative patterns that were putting me in dark place. Though I think my problems are more mind than brain, of course the two intersect...

So far, the 'talking cure' seems to be helping. And the funny thing is, I was worried about this process changing me. Much as I wanted to feel better, that thought scared me. It's hard to explain... there's definitely change, but it feels more like an excavation than a new build. In fact, and this is going to sound canny, I feel like I'm moving even closer to me.

And I think that feeling is what I was talking about when I wrote about what's natural versus authentic. Depression came naturally to me. In that way, it was come by authentically. But I'm moving away from that and towards authentic happiness. Slowly. Slowly.

I hope your weekend is wonderful.

Image credits: 1. fieryeyed-studio1, 2. gold will stay, 3. Untitled, 4. bike
Related Posts with Thumbnails