Where we blog from: Destined to Design

This week's "Where we blog from" comes courtesy of Jessica of destined to design. Jessica's blog is clean and distinctive. Her elegant style pervades her blog, whether she writes about fashion, art, interiors or travel. And a visit to destined to design never fails to make me smile. This is where Jessica blogs from and what she has to say about it...

So excited that Jane has asked me to participate in her wonderful series, and honored to be in the company of so many bloggers I admire! Blogging is  a daily ritual for me that 95% of the time takes place post-work hours in my studio apartment. I live down by the beach in sunny Southern California, so on the upside, I've got a beautiful palm tree view out my window while I spend hours working at my desk.

My desk is from Ikea, but I covered it in a taupe linen drapery panel I found at Target so it wasn't such an eyesore. The table lamp I found at Target, as well, and the lounge chair was the first piece of furniture I designed when I was in design school. I found that modern toile fabric at Diamond and fell in love. It's a bit loud for me now, and frankly, I'd really like to reupholster it in a neutral solid.



My sofa was the only piece of furniture I decided to invest in up front. I got it at Stansbury Collection in Venice when they were having a sofa sale and I love the modern lines of it. It's my favorite place to relax. The side tables I found at TINI and the teak coffee table and brass magazine holder are vintage. Still looking for a great modern art piece for over the sofa!


I guess I would call this my art wall. I have an affinity for gilded frame mirrors and have started a bit of a collection. The large one I bought through a vintage dealer and the small one I spotted driving past a yard sale. I immediately pulled over and bought it for $1. The prints are tear-outs from my favorite children's book, Madeline, that I bought when I was studying in Paris. Every time I look at this arrangement it makes me smile.


I hope you all enjoyed this little peek into where I blog from. Thanks so much for having me, Jane!

Thanks Jessica!
Related Posts with Thumbnails