Friday!

This week has been a big, heatwave blur! I feel like I've been making some good progress in the last month. My mood definitely seems more even and I'm learning to head off negative thoughts before they settle in. With my insides feeling slightly more in check, I've started to think about outside things again. Like... I'm feeling pretty unhappy with the weight I've gained in the last year.

To be completely honest, exercise is one of those lifestyle choices that's never come naturally or easy to me. When I see people out running or going to yoga without fail, it seems like a miracle to me. I have to work the idea of exercise through all these bends in my brain before it feels like something I really want to do.
This is another prime example of me doing what's natural versus doing what will make me authentically happy. And, of course, it's easy to excuse myself because I'm always working... But if I applied one fifth of the work ethic I have to diet and exercise, I wouldn't be in this shape.


Still... the weekend is here and I can take some time to think about what I'm going to do, to hopefully come up with a steady and sustainable approach and to be a bit nicer and patient with myself about all these things. I want to build that plan from a positive starting point rather than a self-flagellating one.


As well as these thoughts, this blog post presented one of those magical moments of blog synchronicity.This very topic is something also something I've been thinking and talking about a lot lately and is beautifully expressed by Dominique Browning. If you don't already follow her blog, I recommend making some space for it!

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. There'll be a farmer's market and meetings with friends. I'll be cracking the spine of a new book and making plans that make me feel optimistic and full of potential. What are you up to? Hope it's a lovely one (and a lovely long one for US readers)!

Image credits: 1. Climbing Hydrangea, 2. ., 3. Untitled, 4. Untitled
Related Posts with Thumbnails