Book report: Let the Great World Turn

I haven't been reading for a few months. If I'm not happy, I can't read. Because I have to be happy to be consumed. And reading is all-consuming for me. I knew that when I started reading again it would be a good sign. And I tried to force it. But in the end, the book I picked back up was one of the ones I had put down when I couldn't focus my brain on anything but sadness. And I'm glad I went back to Let the Great World Spin.

Even though I'm a bit tired of that colliding synchronicity method that so many storytellers have used in recent years, I enjoyed this book. Even when it wobbled, I was excited about the words and the turning of the pages. I really didn't appreciate how good it was until I reached the very end and started surveying its great sweep. Though I hope I read better books this year. I'm so excited about David Mitchell's new book. But mostly, I'm glad I'm reading again.

P.S. You can shop my bookshelf faves here!
Related Posts with Thumbnails