Friday!

This week rallied towards the end, perhaps the blue skies today making it impossible to be gloomy. Two things I'd secretly pinned my hopes on seemed to dissolve into nothing this week. And though there's always disappointment when that happens, the waiting is always the worst part... At least now I can move on to the next thing.

I've been on a spending hiatus the last few weeks, inspired by Rachel and Joslyn and I've been feeling good about it. I did the same thing last year and I loved how it made me feel. I didn't stop wanting things. But I started wanting the things I want more mindfully, less impulsively. This year, I'm hoping to experience that again, but also to help along my 2010 budget. I've set myself some pretty ambitious saving goals this year!


My goals for the weekend are equally budget-conscious. I really just want to get out and move (I've been feeling like a slug lately), take in a yoga class and shoot some pictures, even though there are no buds on the trees here yet. I'm going to hopefully do my taxes and, of course, there's work to be done too.

Around the blogosphere this week: I'll never, ever get tired of bookshelves. Nor will I tire of wishing for hair other than my own... this lady's short locks would do just fine thank you. As well as haircuts, spring makes me want to rush out and buy pretty fleurs. I got a jasmine plant on the way home from work last night (growing things are immune to spending fasts). But, what I'd like most is a home just like this, to live in year around. I feel strongly that this shouldn't be too much to ask.

What are you up to these days? Is it really Spring where you are yet? Aren't the transitional seasons the best ones?

Image credits: 1. salad night, 2. Untitled, 3. so typical crete, 4. Untitled
Related Posts with Thumbnails