Where we blog from: Joey and Lana

For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of restoring a home, lovingly, patiently and perfectly. So, it's no wonder that some of my favourite blogs are those that feature restorations and renovations. I may live in a tiny rental, that I can only justify doing so much to, but I hope one day my dreams actually take hold. Joey and Lana are definitely living that dream on a very grand scale. This is where Lana blogs from and what she has to say about it...


My "office" in my last home was a closet a friend turned into an office for me when my husband and I were living in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Needless to say, I didn't spend much time in there. Now that we bought a home, I called dibs on the room connected to the garden room and turned it into my very first real home office. I was attached to the room because of all the light that came in, the fireplace, and the shape of the room.


Our home is a 1930's tutor and very traditional. We keep it light and clutter free. I had other plans for the space I would be using to create and blog from. I kind of need a bit of chaos and clutter around me to think. I used bits and pieces from loved one's to make the room special. It's a mix and match of colors with a sunny vibe, even in the winter. I had a big problem trying to conform the room to the rest of the house until I finally caved in and naturally let it tell me what it would be. Turns out a 70's garage sale is the vibe and surprisingly there is a uniform to the room with red, brown, and yellow, and I couldn't be happier.


Beyond an office, I use it as a crafting room, and my puppy's love hanging out on the colorful "rug" (which is really a thick blanket my husband's great great aunt made) and play. It's kind of the room you come to when you want to create something. In all honesty I feel the room is in it's infancy. There is a lot of potential, but we just moved in and have yet to utilize it. I plan to get a new desk and put in a sitting area to take my laptop to when I don't want to be bolted down to the desk.


Thanks for including me in your post! I love everyone's space and it's wonderful to see where everyone produces their amazing work!

Thanks Lana!
Related Posts with Thumbnails