Where we blog from: Head Over Heels

This week, I've been thinking a lot about colour. I'm notoriously neutral, but I've been thinking about a splash of colour inside my shoe closet or at the end of my hall (baby steps). So, this installment of "Where we blog from" is well-timed; it's definitely the brightest blogging space we've seen so far!

For those of you unfamiliar with Nelya's wonderful blog Head Over Heels, brace yourself for post after post of design inspiration. This home featured on Friday has been haunting my dreams all weekend. And here's another post that I'm seriously stuck on. This is where Nelya blogs from and what she has to say about it!


This is where I blog from. Sometimes. More often than not, I may be found typing awa
y at the kitchen counter, on the couch, or from the kitchen table, Really, from where ever I may steal away a moment, or more precisely, when my kiddos have given me a momentary reprieve. But this blue-hued space is where the computer officially resides.


The room is at the very front of our house, just off the foyer, and was once my husband's office. He moved to the basement and I stealthily moved in. The furnishings are a mishmash of new and old, traditional and modern, with a few quirky, (hello fish) well-loved items thrown into the mix.


I especially love being surrounded by my children's art, my grandmother's plants and chippy, peel-y dresser, photographs from our honeymoon so long ago, and all the many teetering stacks of books and magazines I draw so much inspiration from.


Thanks for the invitation, Jane. What a treat!


Thanks Nelya!

23 comments:

  1. ok. full disclosure.

    if i can't have jane flanagan's brainy, thoughtful posts {which i can't. no matter how i try.}, i would totally try to steal nelya's blog.

    the. whole. thing.

    every post. every picture. every day.

    and sometimes? i don't even credit "finds" i found first over there. just to pretend.

    there. i feel better. now. off to copy nelya's home office. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! love how bold it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun to blog in a blue room! the bedroom in my last place was a similar blue and I loved it — so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great peek! Thanks for sharing, Nelya. May I inquire about the framed print on your desk? I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great space! Love the fish!
    I just saw a big fish on another blog
    painted gold and wearing a hat!!!
    It's nice to see the space bloggers blog from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos of Nelya's home are rarer than hens' teeth. What a privilege to be invited in for a peek!

    Girlfriend, you know you stole my heart with that blue. And I may steal that marlin when you're not looking in April.

    A simply stunning personal space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh....bright and beautiful! Any space that is well loved & has well loved items in it is awesome by me! It is always a treat to see a blue like this too...because I am not brave enough to use it, I am glad somebody is! Thank you so much, now I am off to visit Nelya's blog! Can't wait!
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, thank you so very much for inviting me to participate. I am such a huge fan of you and your blog, it really is an honor to be here.

    And ladies, wow, thank you for all your kind words. I am just blushing all over and I am not quite old enough for hot flashes, so it's definitely all you!

    Hi Meghan. I love it too. It's actually a newish purchase that I was lucky enough to snag off craigslist. It's called a Madhubani (Mithila) painting and is from India. A very cool technique where the painting is done with all sorts of implements...fingers, twigs, pens and brushes. CB2 actually had them in their one of a kind section late last year. Otherwise, eBay perhaps?

    Karey and Raina: You're killing me. Seriously. Straight to the heart. (thank you)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wheeeee! I love looking into your home, Nelya!

    And I may have to scrap with Raina over that swordfish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I Love that blue!! So lovely. Mind sharing the paint color? (Sorry if you already posted this somewhere)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Naomi. I'll have to see if I can find that paint information. Believe it or not, we painted that room blue about nine years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the blue room is beautiful. so happy and calm at the same time.

    i expected nothing less from nelya. i just wish she would show us more...show us more nelya!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first visit here and I'm so glad I stopped by to check out this awesome space and it didn't disappoint (the space OR the blog!)! The blog is great, this series is such fun, the space is terrific and the paint is to die for. Love the saturated blue that doesn't feel contrived or trendy. Perfect! Marija

    ReplyDelete
  14. that blue! what a pop of color! it's quite amazing i must say and i'm not even a fan of blue!

    i'm a new reader to nelya's blog recently and i am so happy to have found her space.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Nelya...what a treat - that color is so fab...what a great office...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great spaces and this is a fun series...thank you, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a treat to get a peek into the lovely Ms. Nelya's home! Hers is one of those houses that actually is how you'd imagine it - if that makes any sense. I love all the personal objects and elements of surprise and that blue is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! So Nelya - I can feel her vibrancy and love for life, and I'm just blown away at her great ability to bring all these different styles together to form a cohesive, wonderful space..! It's a gorgeous room, just like its owner. Beautiful.

    xoxo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is a beautiful and vibrant space.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic house! That bright blue with the acrylic table & books. GREAT look!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.