Rooms with ethnic rugs

On the weekend, I did some prep work for my bedroom, pulling down some old disconnected cable that was wrapped around my doors and painted over and scraping back the paint. And I've booked an electrician to come and hang the Nelson pendant.

It's very difficult for me to pay somebody to do this. I was raised by a DIY Dad who thought we girls needed to be able to rewire lamps and do our own projects. But, I have limited exposure to North American electrics and my building is 1930's so what lies beneath the current fixture may not be textbook. My plan is to view this as a lesson so I'll feel more confident tackling my hall pendant... hopefully completely riding my apartment of those flushmount boob fixtures.

My 2010 bedroom plan includes a kilim that I already own. Looking through my Tumblr there are many examples of why I love this style of rug. Here's a round-up:

Images found on the following brilliant blogs. Please click through for full image credits and lots more inspiration: 1. Remodelista / 2. Design*Sponge / 3. The Style Files / 4. Delight by Design / 5. You are My Fave
Related Posts with Thumbnails