Weekend

This weekend, I didn't really see anybody. But I really enjoyed small moments of interaction. I made the flower market lady laugh after she was harassed by a wealthy customer who just wanted something for free. And I chatted in the bakery about the merits of the perfect Portugese custard tart (there are many). I talked to the ladies at Hollace Cluny about Heath Ceramics and Lindsey Adelman's DIY. And I grinned back at the kid who took a sudden shine to me and just stared and smiled for as long as I was in sight.


Sometimes, I wonder if I've become more reclusive since I live alone or if I live alone because I'm so reclusive. But, I think it's more that I'm the same with company as with most things: I'd rather quality over quantity. And I find real beauty in the strangers who routinely fill out my world, even though I'll never get to know them any better.

Image from Amalia Ulman's Flickr
Related Posts with Thumbnails