Holiday dreaming

I hit a big wall this weekend. I just crashed. I had no idea how exhausted I've become. The first sign was my first experience of night terrors earlier in the week: I woke at 4am screaming at the top of my lungs, positive there was somebody standing over me, shaking my shoulders.

Then yesterday, I just couldn't get up. Or when I did, I only made it to the sofa, where I promptly fell asleep. I was too tired to eat, too tired to shower. At 11pm I walked to the corner store to get an ice lolly and saw the biggest moon you've ever seen glaring down at me. Beautiful as I find them, full moons always take a lot out of me.

Today, all I can think of is getting on a plane. I know it sounds childlike, but I just want somebody to take care of me for a week; to get my groceries and cook my dinners and dress my bed. This Admiral's Cottage holiday home looks impossibly nice and restful.

Images used with permission from Unique Home Stays
Related Posts with Thumbnails