Friday!

Winter blues definitely got the better of me this week. Every morning was impossible and my nerves were really close to the surface all week, making it hard for me to let minor frustrations slide. At the same time, there was lots of excitement with the launch of the ReadyMade blog and lots of general high jinx. Maybe it was the heady cocktail of all this that wore me out.


Anyway, I have the day off today, with plans only to sleep in (done!) and then get back on top of everything, so that I can enjoy my weekend, relatively chore-free. I started using TeuxDeux for keeping track of my to-do lists and am in love with it (can't wait for the app to roll out!) I think it's clear that I expect to get too much done on my weeknights. And this creates a whole guilt cycle when I don't get through my to do list. Or exhaustion when I push too hard to do it. So, I'm trying to scale back my expectations of what I can get done - though that's hard to since I think it's all essential!

We're still in winter boots in Toronto, but over on ReadyMade I'm lusting after some (four to be exact) grey flats. And did you see Malene Birger's home on Style Files? Seriously to die for. I especially love the picture walls. And Badgley Mischka at home on Mustard & Sage also set my heart thumpa-thumping. Katy got her blankets from McAusland in PEI and they look beautiful. And I'm still thinking about this Iceland Pattern Book that Sarai posted about. I may just have to bring one back from Reykjavik in June!

What are you up to this weekend? I hope it's the perfect mix of productive and relaxing. And if you discover what that is, please let me know!! Have a great weekend!

Image credits: 1. Two Color Embroidery Tutorial, 2. The Wall., 3. Untitled, 4. Untitled
Related Posts with Thumbnails