Book report: Invisible

Oh, Paul Auster. You fill me with wonder. Even though you constantly like to remind me that I'm reading a book, that I should not take the words on the page at face value, that you're going to tie me up in knots, I always get sucked in and let you do it. I always fall for your characters, I always love it when you debunk my expectations and hopes.

There's a coolness to your approach, but such a warmth in your stories and characters. They're full of foibles and insecurities. And though you keep warning me "this is just a character, it could all be lies", I feel with full force everything you put them through. Even though it took me just 3 days to read Invisible, I miss it like it like a homesickness. Oh, Paul Auster. You do it everytime.


Related Posts with Thumbnails