Where we blog from: Oh So Beautiful Paper

What is it about paper? The feeling of holding the perfect-sized notebook, turning its pages and finally, tentatively putting pen to paper. Or cracking the spine of a new book - a rite of passage for me, a gesture that means I've committed fully to the story, and am hooked. Nowhere is this love more apparent that in the blogosphere, which is perhaps paper's greatest victory.

Because even among a community who can express profound beauty without it, paper is revered. Oh So Beautiful Paper expresses our paper-worshipping beautifully. Nole has exquisite taste and a serene style. Her blog has led me to many impulse purchases, but I don't hold it against her.
This is where Nole blogs from and what she has to say about it... I love this warmly lit corner!


I do most of my blogging from home in the evening. Since my husband and I don't have a "home office" area in our little one-bedroom apartment, I'll usually sit in a comfy chair in the living room while my husband sits on the couch. One of the nice things about blogging from our living room is that we're surrounded by some of our favorite keepsakes, like a Masai wedding necklace that I brought back from a trip to Kenya a couple of years ago, textiles and pillowcases from our honeymoon in Peru last August, and a bunch of other things that you can't see from this angle. We've been in our apartment for a little over 3 years, and one of the best features of the apartment are the super-high ceilings (I think about 10 ft), which make our small apartment feel much more spacious.

9 comments:

  1. What a great space. I love the light. Looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful! "I want to go to there!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so beautiful! We have the same pendant lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Nole's blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane,

    Every Monday I look forward to this feature! A special thank you to the bloggers for letting us take a peak in your homes! :)

    Martha B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Nole has some Tord? Well, of course she does! I've got a garland of his but no place to put it up since I can't reach the ceilings in my 19 foot loft and it doesn't really work in the bedroom :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for including me Jane! And thanks to all for the sweet comments about my little space and blog - it's so sweet to hear coming from all of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty space. I have the same lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series! I was referred to your blog by Oh So Beautiful Paper. This series is so inspiring. It makes me take a hard look at "Where I Blog From" and wonder if my surroundings are an ideal setting for peak creativity. Thanks for the series. You are a fabulous writer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.