My uniform

Today, I'm stocking up on my fave tank top and realize I wear quite the uniform, returning over and over again to the same staples. Maybe it's because I wore a school uniform until I was 18, but dressing for me is very much a rule-based process. I tend to be more expressive through accessories, but layer those upon a very predictable, wearable foundation. This is probably compounded by the fact I don't have a "you can wear anything" body (who does?!), so shopping for accessories is way more fun than shopping for clothes.

Do you have a uniform? What does it consist of?

American Apparel 3368PAC Rib U-Neck Tank / Plain black, grey and navy cardigans of varying lengths usually from GAP or J.Crew / Citizens of Humanity Kelly jeans in a dark wash. I've been thinking of trying the J.Crew bootlegs as a more affordable substitute. Anybody wear these? / Leggings from Aritzia. They're the best, reasonably priced ones I can find anywhere / Perfect black flats, which I'm missing; they're my Holy Grail right now. I should have bought these ones / A-line skirts I've been off skirts for a while, but this shape is no-fail on my body. This one is from J.Crew / White Converse. Love! Jack Purcells have been making me happy recently.

P.S. Michelle of Neon Fox Tongue mentioned this genius site - The Uniform Project. Amazing - thanks Michelle for the link!
Related Posts with Thumbnails