Artist's studios

I have a slight obsession with the real spaces that people create in. Whether it's the Writer's Rooms series in the Guardian or images of artist studios (like this, this and this). And, one of the main reasons I loved this de Kooning biography is for the detailed descriptions of his studio, which de Kooning designed himself with utmost particularity.

I've wanted The Artist in his Studio by Alexander Liberman for the longest time. I went on a determined hunt for it ages ago, but the only copy I liked was a First Edition that cost an arm and a leg. Then I just forgot about it. But, I've been thinking about it again recently and decided to try again. This time I hit Abebooks and finally found one!

And on a related theme, there will be a new exciting feature here starting on Monday! I hope you enjoy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails