3 favourite iconic pieces

I have a mix and match approach to furniture and have neither the budget nor inclination to fill my home with recognizable designer furniture. But I do covet these 3 pieces and would happily save up for each of them. Fakes are not an option for me, they're against my hardcore sense of integrity (sometimes I feel like it would be easier to relax this, but I couldn't live with myself if I did). Here are my three:

The Egg Chair. I vacillate sometimes between the Egg and the Saarinen womb chair and ottoman, but I'm pretty sure the Egg would win in a budget-doesn't-matter contest. It's completely unlike me, but I love the Egg best in this leather. I'd love to get my hands on a vintage one. Manufactured by Fritz Hansen. This photograph from Cote Maison


The Bertoia side chair. Yes, you saw this coming from a mile away. I love this chair as a dining chair. I think I'd choose the steel one with a black seat pad. The white one is everywhere now, but the steel one is more transparent, which is what I love about this chair. Manufactured by Knoll.


The Poeten by Finn Juhl. It's too wee for a main sofa, but I'd love the Poeten in my bedroom. I would never, ever get bored of its inherent sweetness. Manufactured by Hansen & Sorensen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails