Book report: Amazing Rare Things

One of my favourite books - both to read and to look at - is Amazing Rare Things. It's written by David Attenborough, a man who I love with a deep-seated affection cultivated from years and years of watching documentaries when I was a child.


The book examines the art of natural history during the Age of Discovery. While it's amazing too see the beauty those artists captured, it's also intriguing to see their misconceptions and the affect these misconceptions had on the perception of nature at the time. Attenborough's writing is as animated and wise as his documentary voice.

I blogged about this book when I got it, but tonight I took it down from my shelf and was so excited I had to share again! I'm thinking about ways to photograph plants and flowers inspired by these illustrations.
Related Posts with Thumbnails