Pink grapefruit and champagne sorbet

When there's champagne in my house, the last thing I think of is baking something with it. But this sounds so perfectly refreshing, I may yet learn some restraint. Plus, the recipe doesn't call for the entire bottle, meaning there's room for both. I found the recipe in an old Donna Hay magazine (Issue 35)


Serves 4
1 cup of caster (superfine) sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup pink grapefruit juice
1 cup champagne

Place sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until dissolved. Increase to high heat and boil for one minute. Set aside to cool. Combine grapefruit juice, champagne and cooled syrup in a bowl and stir. Pour into an ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions until firm.

6 comments:

  1. Please let us know how these turn out (if you make them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an ice-cream maker so may just try to make in my freezer. Donna Hay's recipes always work flawlessly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the perfect treat for the hot summer days ahead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Jane...this sounds SOOO lovely and delicious on a hot, sunny day! And good inspiration for wanting to put my Donna Hay books to use. I've had them for ages! But I spend so much time gawking over the photos that I usually use up all my time for the cooking part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closer we get to summer, the more convinced I become that I NEED an ice cream maker. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Comments are moderated for spam, advertising, obscenity etc. Please note that your profile name links to your site/blog. Using the comment field to promote your site/blog is considered spamming.