This week is overwhelming. I feel like I have so many balls in the air right now. Arrivals and departures. Checklists for home and wardrobe. Not to mention work-work and freelance-work. Throw in a hapless crush (boo!) and you have Janey tailspin. Not pretty.

Happily, it's in these kinds of situations that I force myself to really focus. The living room plan last week was one instance. The near-end of my labour-of-love kitchen will help too (I've taken Friday off to blitz that project). Tonight, between coats drying I sat down and made a budget.

You won't be shocked to hear that I usually operate with a by-the-seat-of-my-pants style budget. But organizing lets me see when those wishlist purchases can fit in comfortably. And the prospect of checking things off my wishlist makes me happy, even if it takes a while. And now... I'm going to have a big bath.

Image by Christoph Kicherer
Related Posts with Thumbnails