I was tagged once by Veronica, and rudely ignored it. I felt like there couldn't be anything to share that I wasn't already sharing... But persistence pays, so I'm caving to Lori :)
1. What did you do 10 years ago?
I was taking a year off between my BA and my MA, working at Ford Credit in Dublin, chasing people who had arrears on their car payments and liaising with repossession agents. It was a soulless job. To stay sane, I often beat a retreat down this alley. It leads to Stag's Head, one of my fave pubs in Dublin (image from Matthew O'Keefe's Flickr)
2. Five items on your to-do list today:
1. Laundry (I always put off as long as possible)
2. Read over some freelance work before submitting
3. Pick up chairs that I’ve had reupholstered
4. Take this print to the framers
5. Get a pedicure so I can wear these
3. Snacks I enjoy:
I don't snack between meals.
4. Places you have lived:
Many different towns in Ireland. Also, Vancouver , Calgary , Toronto. 6 months just outside Boston.
5. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Renovate an epic house in the country, rescue donkeys and keep wizardly Irish wolfhounds (image from Sighthound's Flickr) and piebald horses. Attempt to write books that capture the kind of women I admire, who I currently don’t find well-represented in literature or media. Indulge my schizophrenic city-Jane / countryside-Jane whims.
6. People you want to know more about:
I’ve sucked the bone dry on Samuel Beckett, but I still love learning about him. Also, random people whose names I see on gravestones while walking in Mount Pleasant cemetery (not meaning to sound as morbid). One person I don’t want to know more about? – Peig Sayers - Ugh!
I'm going to resist passing on the tag. I'm a giver like that. But please share and link to your blog if you voluntarily submit to tagging!