Recipe of the week: Haloumi & zucchini salad

Yesterday, I also bought this little Donna Hay book. I'm in love with the icy blue cast on all the photography in her books and magazines. But, to boot, her recipes are simple, fast, healthy and delish. Point and case, this salad, which is a starter I would happily supersize to a main.


Serves 4
1 tsp olive oil
20g butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 yellow zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced
200g green beans, trimmed and blanched
250g haloumi cheese, sliced
Lemon wedges to serve

Heat the oil & butter in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add the garlic, zucchini and beans and cook for 1-2 mins until tender and warm. Add the haloumi and cook for 1 minute on each side until golden.

Serve haloumi topped with zucchini bean mixture and with lemon wedges.

PS: I highly recommend buying this utterly affordable cookbook (and how often do I recommend affordable things!?)
Related Posts with Thumbnails