Saarinen meets tradition

My roots are clearly in traditional European furniture. But I also love modern furniture and art. What really gets me excited is when the two collide. Like those great Paris apartments with amazing historic architectural details and wide-planked floors, filled with Saarinen and Eames.

It's such a great mix and I love the brazen defiance in creating coherence from< incongruity. My current favourite mix is the Saarinen tulip table paired with traditional chairs. It brings out the best in both strong designs and takes the decadant edge off the chairs, and the minimalistic edge off the table.  

Images: Veranda tearsheet / "So Chic" by Elle Decor / Tom Scheerer / "Decorate" by Metropolitan Home / Tom Scheerer / Tom Scheerer / Eric Piasecki / O at Home current edition
Related Posts with Thumbnails