Cian McLoughlin / Shelbourne Hotel

So, I was doing more half-fake half-real vacation planning and I remembered the Shelbourne Hotel is open again, newly renovated. It was always my favourite Dublin hotel. I used to hop across Stephen's Green for drinks there after work.

So, I thought oh wouldn't it be lovely to stay at the Shelbourne, if only for
one night. And went to their website, only to be greeted by this image of their new reception, complete with a painting based on Beckett's Waiting for Godot. How perfect is that? The artist is Cian McLoughlin and he's my new official favourite painter. Apparently the hotel is full of great Irish art, including some Louis leBrocquy, another fave of mine. I think I must splurge for one night! Beckett is calling to me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails